Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chocolate: Not So Special...Sometimes

Now life is complete, the Golden Corral has installed a chocolate fountain for the masses to partake in as they stuff themselves blind.  The commercial looks appetizing, but I'm terrified.  I've eaten at all you can eat buffets and no matter how good the food was, I'm always promising myself that I'll never return.  I've witnessed adults licking their fingers and picking up tongs to transfer that luscious food onto their plates.  Yes, licking their fingers.  I've watched young children (once with no shoes on) pick up tongs...now look, if you're a parent, you KNOW what that means. ANYTHING can be transferred to those tongs from a kid's hand.  Geez, I hate even writing this, I really do.  Just the thought of tiny bits of germs, food, fun creepy crawly stuff tucked in deep and swimming in the gravy makes me want to cry.  Now imagine the chocolate fountain and how appetizing it will look within a short week of being used.  Tongs and skewers will be used...my ass!  Try fingers and possibly feet will be serving up that tasty dessert and for once, I'll not partake.
Note To Self:  Make your delicious chocolate cake, eat it at home (recipe will be posted) and let the creepy crawlers have at it!

No comments: