Sunday, October 9, 2011

Entertainment Center

Where else can you buy bread, underwear, and car tires AND experience exciting and some times life threatening events?  That's right, Walmart.   Yesterday a woman was arrested for throwing bleach and pine sol at another woman WHO just happened to be her 'boyfriend's first baby's momma'....hmmm, I love how that rolls off of the tongue. I guess it caused quite a stir when a gas formed due to the chemicals involved.  Dumb ass.  The whole place was evacuated and 18 individuals were sent to nearby hospitals due to respiratory issues.  Pretty exciting for Walmart!


The most excitement I've experienced at a Walmart was during a visit or two in which my daughter and I heard young children scream at a parent.  It was always as if we were chasing a cop car to find out what all the hoopla was about (which, by the way, we've done on numerous occasions.)  We would feverishly search down isles in the direction of the disturbance.  Eventually, we would turn the corner slowly to find a 2 or 3-year old child throwing a well aimed punch at a parent.  The parent's response was usually (said in a kind and loving voice) "Honey, listen, mommy/daddy will buy that for you if you can just stay still for just 5 more minutes.  Okay, Sweetheart?  You are being such a good boy/girl!"  Another punch thrown.  My daughter and I usually walked away laughing.  NOT because it was appropriate for a child to act like this, but because we were always happy to see a stupid, well deserving parent get their knocks.  AND I was happy I wasn't stupid enough to raise a savage like that.


That's the most entertainment I've experienced there.  Well, other than the time Walmart was evacuated due to a bomb threat and I was yelled at by a woman in a van for blocking the entrance to a McDonalds.  Other than that...
Note To Self:  Never mix cleaning products in a regular or super Walmart.

No comments: